Home remodel benefits of shutters
Blinds are nice but shutters are better
If you’re planning on spicing up the atmosphere of your rooms, you could add any
window treatment such as blinds, shutters or shades.
Window shutters are traditional window treatment enjoyedworldwide. They can
be installed in one window or the entire house. Also known as Plantation shutters, adding them to your
homes windows has several benefits.
1) Sunlight Control – In terms of sunlight control, you can let the light in or keep light out. This flexibility
comes in handy for sleeping late into the moring or for keeping curious eyes out during dark hours. With
window shutters or blinds, you have total control on the amount natural light in your room. With sunlight-blocking
window shutters, harmful UV rays are prevented from damaging, wearing or fading your carpets, rugs and
2) Privacy – With window shutters, you can control the privacy of each room - anywhere from total isolation to
completely open to the world, just by turning the louvers - as much as you want - from completely open
to fully closed. These types of blinds also provide noise insulation from the unwanted noise pollution outside your
3) Timeless Designs – One of the most rewarding benefits of adding window shutters to your room is the enhanced
decoration of any room in your home. Blinds offer timeless designs and flexibility making them attractive for both
contemporary and traditional looks. Whether you install interior or exterior window shutters, both can add beauty
from the outside of your homes.
4) Durability – Window shutters are typically built with durable materials, which require minimal
maintenance. There are "hurricane" blinds or other window shutters for extreme environmental situations that
are also available on the market. Depending on you needs, a single window shutter could last the life of your
5) Interior and Exterior Shutters – There are two choices, internal and exterior. Each choice has different
benefits to your home.
- Interior Window Shutters – The two most common interior blinds are plantation interior shutters and the
traditional interior shutter. These window shutters are available in vinyl (for high-moisture areas) and wood (for
a variety of application). The plantation shutters usually integrate movable louvers, while the traditional
interior shutter are the smaller blinds used for colonial-styled homes.
- Then there's the Exterior Window Shutters. Installed outside the house, exterior window shutters are usually
made from durable materials - There's vinyl blinds, composite shutters, fiberglass blinds, aluminum shutters,
and the most traditional, wood shutters.
5) Made to order – There are many designs of both interior and exterior window shutters. You can personalize the
blinds by choosing different kinds of materials, colors, shapes and sizes to fit your needs. There are also
hundreds of finishes available in the market for additional warmth or a neutral feel.
6) Value – There's a curb-appeal factor associated with window shutters. If you decide to sell your house, your
real estate agent can include all of your homes upgrades in the listing. And a finished home sells better than
Simply put, window shutters add privacy, sunlight control and value to your home with a countless of custom
designs and material choices.